Ramin Rakhamimov – Senior Software Developer
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
City University of New York, The Graduate Center
- PhD Level Coursework
City University of New York, Brooklyn College
- M.A. in Computer Science GPA: 3.9 (12/2009)
- B.S. in Computer and Information Science (12/2008)
- B.S. in Mathematics (12/2008)
- National Dean’s list (2006, 2007)
- Proceeding of BIOCOMP: International Conference on Bioinformatics & Computational Biology (07/2009)
- Utilize the full stack of web technologies to build apps from start to finish.
- Employ advanced HTML5/JS techniques to provide highly responsive and user friendly interfaces.
- Architect and implement backend python code for a wide variety of use cases.
- Convert complex designs to matching frontend code.
- Administer, automate and deploy sites.
Research Assistant – Java/Swing GUI Developer, Research Foundation of CUNY 09/2007 – 12/2009
- Implemented a 2D graphics intensive chromosome plotting application using Java/Swing.
- Worked closely with Biology and Computer Science faculty.
- Designed and implemented mathematical algorithms for scaling, zooming, and searching.
- Performance tuned the database schema and application code to scale well with large amounts of data.
Software Developer – Java/Ruby on Rails, InfoExchange Inc. 08/2008 – 02/2009
- Developed services for a stock research providing application.
- Implemented a user-keyword generating service using Spring and JMS.
- Designed and implemented administration front-ends with Ruby on Rails utilizing back-end Java services via JMS.
- Implemented entitlement functionality for fine-grained control over user content access.
- Created attractive and interactive pages using jQuery.
Computer Science Tutor, Brooklyn College Learning Center (09/2006 – 12/2007)
- Taught students usage of the UNIX operating system and supervised the development of various projects.
- Explained unfamiliar topics using clear and intuitive instruction.
- Motivated students in writing clear and efficient programs, while inspiring productivity.
Artificial Intelligence Intern, SIMED (06/2006 – 08/2006)
- Simulated the New York State High School system using NYS Regents data.
- Worked with databases such as MySQL and MS Access.
- Debuged and modified PHP scripts.
- Calculated and predicted the quality of education based on different parameters, using NetLogo.
- Spoken Languages: English, Russian, Hebrew
- Interests: Programming Languages, Playing Music, Photography, Psychology, Cooking, Health & Fitness